How Yacon Syrup Helps You Lose Pounds and Feel Healthier
How would you like to lose weight while taking in a sweet syrup? How about shedding the pounds with no need to go to the gym or diet? If this sounds too good to be true, think again. All these have been found to be possible, thanks to the wonder that is Yacon Syrup.
Here are top two of the recommended Yacon brands that would serve as your ticket to getting that body weight you’ve always wanted.
|Brand||Yacon Molasses||Super Yacon||Yacon Root Pure|
|Is It Authentic?|
|Form Of Yacon||Pure Syrup||Root Pills||Root Pills|
|Money-Back?||90 days||60 days||30 days|
|Prices||$ 39.95 – $ 119.95||$ 44.95 – $ 134.85||$ 24- $ 66|
|Read Full Review||Read Full Review||Read Full Review|
|Visit Official Website||Visit Official Website||Visit Official Website|
What To Look for in a Yacon Product?
1. Genuineness of Product – It’s important that the Yacon product you choose should contain 100% pure and organic syrup. No more, no less.
2. Minimum Recommended Dosage per Serving – Recommended dosage per serving should be met for the Yacon product to work. If it falls below, expect frustration on your part because you wouldn’t see the desired results. Be careful though that it also doesn’t exceed as you would get bad side effects as well. Take note that the standard recommended dosage per serving is over 300 mg while potency and safety is at its maximum with 100 mg per serving.
3. Established Merchant – Make sure the company you are buying from, whether online or not, are reputable and have been operating for a number of years.
4. Money Back Guarantee – Note that if a company has such trust in its product, it doesn’t hesitate to offer a money back guarantee policy. That’s because they are quite sure such a case wouldn’t happen in the first place. They are confident that customers would be satisfied with the product they are selling.
5. Customer Support – Reputable companies always make it a point to have a good customer support to cater to their clients’ queries, suggestions and complaints.
So What Exactly is this Yacon Syrup About?
Now, for some light on what this Yacon syrup is all about. Basically, it’s an extraction from the Yacon plant’s tuberous roots, which grows in the Andes mountains of South America. The roots look just like a potato and the syrup derived from it is naturally sweet-tasting with the color and consistency very much like molasses.
Because of its nutritional properties, it has been widely used since ancient times, starting with the Incan empire. Medically speaking, the Yacon syrup has manifested properties that help to improve the condition of people having diabetes as well as digestive and renal ailments. Hence, it was no surprise why its fame grew to people living Peru, Brazil and Bolivia who all used it as a nutritional supplement for people suffering from any of the said conditions.
The Role of FOS
The Yacon syrup is made of 40-50% fructooligosaccharides (FOS). This difficult-sounding name, which we’ll simplify to FOS, are actually sugar molecules whose nature of connection can’t be completely recognized by our digestive system; hence, a huge part of it can’t be digested.
As this is the case, the Yacon syrup contains only one-third of the sugar’s caloric value, which is roughly 20 calories per tablespoon or 133 calories per 100 grams. This is why it makes a good low-calorie option to sugar.
So, in its travel to our digestive system, the FOS would inevitably arrive at the large intestine where they nourish the “friendly” bacteria located in our colon. Such bacteria are essentially important for our health as it’s linked to help lower the risk of diabetes as well as help improve brain function and immunity.
Now, the good news is bacteria in our gut are capable of digesting FOS; thereby increasing levels of friendly bacteria such as Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus. When this FOS digestion process happens, short-chain fatty acids that feed on colon cells are absorbed into the bloodstream. Researches have shown that such fatty acids help to counter obesity.
Studies Done on Weight Loss Effects
The First Study
To see the effects of yacon syrup, TV doctor in America Dr. Mehmet Oz, did a study on a group of overweight women. He asked 60 female viewers of his show to consume one tablespoon of Yacon syrup before each 3 meals of the day for 4 weeks without changing any of their diet and exercise routines. It was noted that only 40 of the participants finished this trial.
After the duration, 29 out of the 40 participants said they had some weight loss while 14 shed off 5 pounds or more. According to Dr. Oz, the female average weight loss was about 3 pounds and reduction in waist size was around 1.9 inches. Overall, more than half of the participants concluded that the Yacon syrup was a good way to lose weight and came highly recommended.
The Second Study
In 2009, a research published in the journal Clinical Nutrition, observed 55 obese women with cholesterol and constipation problems for a period of 4 months or 120 days in a double-blind, placebo-controlled experiment.
Divided into 2 groups, 40 women were made to take the Yacon syrup while 15 were given another kind of syrup with zero active ingredient (placebo). All were made to have low-fat meals and restrict calories mildly. After the given study period, these were the results:
From the results given on the table, you can pretty much see that the Yacon Syrup Group had significant changes in weight and metabolism while the Placebo Group had practically no changes at all. We can therefore conclude that the effects of the Yacon Syrup look promising indeed.
Bear in mind though that despite the good results of the study, when it comes to losing weight, what’s important is to make sure that it stays that way. While there may be many choices you can choose from to shed off the extra pounds, the real test is in maintaining that ideal shape and weight you’re already or still aim to be in.